Advertise with Singapore Sindhi Association-Click here... | No Facility and Events Booking due to COVID 19

Our Journey

The Association’s first property was in 30 Enggor Street.

Enggor Street property was then sold on 29 May 1951 for $55,000

The Association subsequently bought 176 Neil Road for $45,000. The Association’s Neil Road premises were used to lodge Sindhis in transit to various destinations via Singapore. Even “Veesi” (contract meals) service was run by Mr. Hashumal.

Committee meeting minutes were kept in vernacular Sindhi – until July 1951. Thereafter, they were kept in English.

Association donated $400 for war-time evacuees from Japan to facilitate their transit through Singapore.

Sindhi ladies made Collections for the building fund for Ramakrishna mission – 1948.

Originally there were two Sindhi Organisations namely, Sindhi Merchants Association (SMA) and Sindhi Club (SC).

795 Mountbatten Road initially was rented for $550 p.m for recreation purposes – run as Sindhi Club (SC) which was a different entity from Sindhi Merchants Association (SMA).

The SMA supported SC with a $300 monthly grant.

Mr Jawaharmal Idanmal subsequently got the option to buy the property for $80,000.

The SMA agreed to fund the purchase from its own accumulated reserves.

The President of the SMA at the material time was Mr Hassaram Balani (KAJ Chotirmall & Co.)

In 2003, the name of the Association was changed to “Singapore Sindhi Association (SSA)” under the Presidency of Mr Manu Bhojwani.

In 2003, the name of the Association was changed to “Singapore Sindhi Association (SSA)” under the Presidency of Mr Manu Bhojwani.

For the first time a lady Mrs Divya J. Advani was appointed to serve on the Management Committee as Vice President.

The first trustees of Sindhu House were Mr D.T Assomull & Mr K. Kishinchand.

The present trustees are Mr Sajan Bhojwani, Mr Nand Ramchandani & Mr Sunder Samnani.

The 14th International Sindhi Sammelan was held in Singapore from 27th – 29th of July 2007.

The first lady President of SSA Mrs Divya J. Advani was elected in 2008.